IT & Computer networks
The IT and Computer Networking Service provides IT and electronic support for the research teams, common services, and technical platforms of the NeuroPSI and its associated unit, UMS TEFOR.
It defines the information technology and computer security policy and implements the Information System architecture.
It manages a fleet of more than 800 computers and network equipment dedicated to office automation, experiments, and Ethernet network management.
It provides various services including messaging. Further information is described in the INTRANET CORE.
Members of the service
Head of the IT service
In charge of Information Systems Security
Linux, networks and asset management
Asset management, Mac and PC expert
Main missions of the IT service
- Advice on the selection of equipment and service, provision of quotes and assistance to teams.
- Management of the workstation computer fleet and assistance to users:
- Implementation and management of administrative and scientific workstations
- Installation of applications
- Liaison with national applications
- Definition, implementation and management of network and communication systems and infrastructures
- Management of system and network infrastructure
- Data management (storage, back-up, archiving, availability, etc.)
- Provision of common tools (messaging, web, printing, videoconferencing, etc.)
- Provision of scientific computing resources
- Administration of computing infrastructures and associated software
- Liaison with national and international computing centres
- Computer development and supply of software resources:
- Deployment of scientific applications
- Development of applications related to scientific projects and the administration/management of the Institute
- Web development (intranet and extranet)
- Installation and optimisation of software packages
- Development and optimisation of electronic equipment and systems: creation of models for piloting scientific instruments, acquisition and control of experimental conditions
To work at NeuroPSI, you must accept and sign the NeuroPSI IT Charter.
The IT Charter of NeuroPSI and the CNRS Charter