Development, Evolution & Cell Signaling (DECS)
Head Sylvie Rétaux, Vice-Head Martial Ruat
Our Department « Development, Evolution, and Cell Signaling » (DECS) studies cellular and molecular mechanisms underlying the formation, maintenance, regeneration and function of the nervous system, and how they are shaped by evolution.
• The facial neural crest controls fore- and midbrain patterning by regulating Foxg1 expression through Smad1 activity (2014) Development. By Aguiar DP, Sghari S, Creuzet S.
• Imaging of viral neuroinvasion in the zebrafish reveals that Sindbis and chikungunya viruses favour different entry routes (2017) Disease Model Mechanisms. By Passoni G, Langevin C, Palha N, Mounce BC, Briolat V, Affaticati P, De Job E, Joly JS, Vignuzzi M, Saleh MC, Herbomel P, Boudinot P, Levraud JP.
• Linking YAP to Müller Glia Quiescence Exit in the Degenerative Retina (2019) Cell Reports. By Hamon A, García-García D, Ail D, Bitard J, Chesneau A, Dalkara D, Locker M, Roger JE, and Perron M.
• Maternally-regulated gastrulation as a source of variation contributing to cavefish forebrain evolution (2019) Elife. By Torres-Paz J, Leclercq J and Rétaux S.
• Hedgehog Controls Quiescence and Activation of Neural Stem Cells in the Adult Ventricular-Subventricular Zone (2016) Stem Cell Reports. By Daynac M, Tirou L, Faure H, Mouthon MA, Gauthier LR, Hahn H, Boussin FD, and Ruat M.
• Resistin inhibits neuronal autophagy through Toll-like receptor 4 (2018) J. Endocrinology. By Miao J, Benomar Y, Al Rifai S, Poizat G, Riffault L, Crépin D, Taouis M.
• Natural variation in stochastic photoreceptor specification and color preference in Drosophila (2017) Elife. By Anderson C, Reiss I, Zhou C, Cho A, Siddiqi H, Mormann B, Avelis CM, Deford P, Bergland A, Roberts E, Taylor J, Vasiliauskas D, Johnston RJ.
• New perspective on the regionalization of the anterior forebrain in Osteichthyes (2017) Development Growth Differentiation. By Yamamoto K, Bloch S, Vernier P.