Valérie Doyère's team
Memory, Emotion & Time
The team’s projects are oriented towards understanding the neural networks and the mechanisms underlying the formation and updating of associative memory, with a special focus on the temporal component which controls the anticipatory aspect of behavior and is fundamental for error detection and learning. We focus on a large interconnected network formed by the amygdala, the hippocampus, the prefrontal cortex (PFC) and the striatum.
The network of interest may constitute a functional connectome, at the service of integrative functions, such as memory and timing, itself involving working memory and long-term memory processes, and their distortions by emotion, whether positive or negative. We follow two main strategies:
(1) Deciphering the neuronal correlates of interval timing at different stages of learning
(2) Assessing the impact of altering network function on timing during post-natal development until adulthood
The methodology used is based on the complementarity of pharmacological, molecular, electrophysiology (in vivo and in vitro), and behavioral techniques.
Our team is associated with the ED 568 BIOSIGNE graduate school of Paris-Saclay University.
Our team is associated with the doctoral school ED419 Bio-sigNE of the University Paris-Saclay.
• Tallot L & Doyère V (2020). Neural encoding of time in the animal brain. Neuroscience and Biobehavioral Review. DOI: 10.1016/j.neubiorev.2019.12.033
• Tallot L, Graupner M, Diaz-Mataix L & Doyère V (2020) Beyond freezing: Temporal expectancy of an aversive event engages the amygdalo-prefronto-dorsostriatal network. Cerebral Cortex, 30(10):5257-5269. DOI: 10.1093/cercor/bhaa100
• Bossi S, Romain Helleringer, Micaela Galante, Ester Monlleó, Ana Trapero, Xavier Rovira, Hervé Daniel, Amadeu Llebaria, Heather McLean (2018). A Light-Controlled Allosteric Modulator Unveils a Role for mGlu4 Receptors During Early Stages of Ischemia in the Rodent Cerebellar Cortex. Frontiers in Cellular Neuroscience, 12:449. DOI: 10.3389/fncel.2018.00449
• Scholler P, Damien Nevoltris, Dimitri de Bundel, Simon Bossi, David Moreno-Delgado, Xavier Rovira , Thor C. Møller , Driss El Moustaine, Michaël Mathieu, Emilie Blanc, Heather McLean, Elodie Dupuis, Gérard Mathis, Eric Trinquet, Hervé Daniel, Emmanuel Valjent, Daniel Baty, Patrick Chames, Philippe Rondard, Jean-Philippe Pin (2018) Allosteric nanobodies uncover a role of hippocampal mGlu2 receptor homodimers in contextual fear consolidation. Nature Communications, DOI: 10.1038/s41467-017-01489-1
• Dallérac G, Graupner M, Knippenberg J, Chacon Ruiz Martinez R, Ferreira Tavares T, Tallot L, El Massioui N, Verschueren A, Höhn S, Boulanger Bertolus J, Reyes A, LeDoux J, Schafe G, Diaz-Mataix L, Doyère V (2017) Updating Temporal Expectancy of an Aversive Event Engages Striatal Plasticity under Amygdala Control. Nature Communications, 8:13920. DOI: 10.1038/ncomms13920